Valspar Championship Odds, Picks & Predictions 2023
Mar 20, 2022; Palm Harbor, Florida, USA; Sam Burns poses for an image on the 18th. inexperienced after defeating Davis Riley (not pictured) in a play off throughout the remaining spherical of the Valspar Championship golf event. Necessary Credit score: Jasen Vinlove-USA TODAY Sports activities
- The Valspar Championship from Palm Harbor Seashore, Florida, tees off Thursday, March sixteenth
- Justin Thomas is the +1100 favourite over Jordan Spieth and Sam Burns
- Under, see the Valspar Championship odds to win, plus picks and the best-value bets
Scottie Scheffler blitzed the sphere at The Gamers Championship for his sixth win in simply over a 12 months in spell-binding style. The PGA Tour concludes its Florida swing on the all the time entertaining Valspar Championship, minus Scheffler. Nevertheless, it nonetheless has a strong discipline led by Justin Thomas and previous winner Jordan Spieth.
Sam Burns is the two-time defending champion, having received final 12 months in a playoff over Davis Riley. He’s making an attempt to grow to be the primary participant since Steve Stricker from 2009-11 (John Deere Traditional) to win the identical occasion three straight years. The ultimate three holes are affectionately dubbed ‘the snake pit’ with a really difficult finish to the spherical on the Copperhead Course at Innisbrook.
2023 Valspar Championship Odds
Justin Thomas, who completed T-Third right here a 12 months in the past, is the betting favourite at +1100. Jordan Spieth received this occasion again in 2015, and he has the second shortest odds. Two-time defending champion Sam Burns and reigning US Open winner Matt Fitzpatrick spherical out the top-four.
Odds as of March thirteenth at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Sam Burns Dominates Copperhead Course
It actually is low hanging fruit to tout Sam Burns, however why shouldn’t or not it’s? The person has received back-to-back Valspar Championships, and he has a T-Sixth and T-Eleventh showings in his final 5 tourneys. Understandably, his ‘strokes gained’ stats the final eight rounds at this venue are distinctive.
Sam Burns’ Strokes Gained Stats Final Eight Rounds At Valspar
|Whole||Brief Sport||Placing||Tee-To-Inexperienced||Ball Placing||Method|
At +1600, there’s nonetheless an honest quantity of worth for Burns, in comparison with the highest two gamers on the board in Justin Thomas and Jordan Spieth. Although his play has been inconsistent this season, he’s coming off a top-35 on the Gamers Championship, and he’s by no means completed exterior the top-30 at this monitor in 4 makes an attempt.
Previous 5 Valspar Championship Winners
The 2020 version was canceled resulting from COVID-19.
Finest NCAA Match March Insanity Promos, Apps, and Bonuses
2023 Valspar Championship Picks and Worth Bets
- Adam Hadwin (+2800): This course is sort to its previous champs, and Adam Hadwin is one, having taken the title in 2017 and was T-Seventh a 12 months in the past. He comes off his fifth top-20 on the season, as he tied for thirteenth at TPC Sawgrass. He gained 9.5 photographs on the sphere tee-to-green, and is fourth in that class within the final twelve spins round Innisbrook.
- Justin Suh (+3500): Former #1 ranked newbie Justin Suh has actually discovered his footing as knowledgeable. His final three begins he’s positioned within the top-25 every time, together with a T-Fifth on the Honda Traditional and T-Sixth on the Gamers Championship. Throughout that span, he’s tops in whole strokes gained and second in SG: tee-to-green.
- Akshay Bhatia (+9000): 21-year-old phenom Akshay Bhatia comes off a powerful efficiency, inserting runner-up on the Puerto Rico Open, his fourth made minimize in 4 begins on the season. For the marketing campaign, he’s tenth in strokes gained: strategy, and he’s fourth in whole strokes gained the final twelve rounds. He’s an intriguing possibility within the prime 10/20 markets this week.
Michael “Hound Canine” Harrison is well-known within the sports activities trade because the resident statistician for the SC with Jay Onrait Present. He has labored at TSN for over 16 years, the place he is been featured on Sportscentre, That is Hockey, That is Hockey 2Nite, The Masters preview exhibits, and a number of other extra.